11.03.2010

so VERY thankful..


Good Morning!
Are you
THANKFUL
that it is
THURSDAY
 and we get to
HIP HOP
our way through some
THANKSGIVING
inspiration??
I AM!

The Unity & {ippity} Design Teams
have cooked up
some
FABULOUS
Thanksgiving
TABLE DECOR
 ideas for you today!
I for one
CANNOT WAIT
to see what everyone created...

Make sure you start the hop @ the UNITY BLOG...
follow the links at the bottom of each post...
leave our TALENTED teams some LOVE...
then when you are done...
stop by Splitcoast Stampers
to CHAT with Unity & {ippity} FRIENDS...
participate in CHALLENGES...
win PRIZES and have TONS of FUN!

For my projects today,
I decided to create a few SUPER SIMPLE stamped items
that can easily be added to ANY Thanksgiving table.
You could quickly stamp these little projects
to take with for your hostess if you are traveling...
or bring your stamps and make them when you arrive!
Basically just a FEW MINUTES to create each one...

I am on a tight decorating budget.. so
I needed to make a pretty but very INEXPENSIVE table setting.

I used mostly 'found' items from around my house.
The centerpiece consists of :
a few canning jars,
2 antique bottles,
branches from our crab apple tree,
some wild rice, dried beans,
a couple candles, one doily
and a wreath of berries I grabbed at the Good Will for $1.49.
The cloth napkins were found at Target ($5.58 for 4)
this table definitely has a 'country' feel to it..
I live in a big ol' farm house.. so it is JUST my style..

 Thanksgiving Menu
I printed out my menu on kraft cardstock,
stamped a border at the bottom,
distressed edges using Tim Holtz' blending tool,
mounted on teal cardstock,
punched holes with my crop-a-dile,
and tied on an orange ribbon
VERY EASY!

 Wine Glass Charms
These were charms that I already had.
I decided to add names to their glass instead of making place cards.
I simply stamped the little frame,
cut out with a scissors,
printed each guest's name in same font as menu and glued on
No more misplaced wine glass!
SUPER SIMPLE!
 On the Side...
On a buffet that I have in my dining room,
I like to create a station for beverages and snacks.
Of course I have to throw in a couple little decorations as well..

Thankful for You
Candle Holder
I used a tall glass cylinder...
dropped in some wine corks and a candle.
I stamped a border and distressed the edges on a piece of kraft cardstock,
then wrapped it around the cylinder.
I stamped the sentiment and decorated a little wooden tag
and tied it on with raffia.
 Give Thanks coasters
I purchased these coasters at Target ($1.48 for 10)
I stamped on the sentiment with brown ink.
THAT'S IT!
(even your KIDS can make these!)
There you have it!
My little Thanksgiving table...
SO easy and fun to put together!
All my projects were created
using the following stamps:

by Samantha Walker for Unity
September Kit of the Month

Now head on over and check out
***KIMBER***

Next Blog



22 comments:

Amber Hight said...

Oh my gosh Brookie! This is BEAUTIFUL! I want to come spend thanksgiving with you! LOL!

Jessica Diedrich said...

GORGEOUS! Amber beat me to it, haha I was gonna say, I'm comin' over to the Lien's for Thanksgiving! :) Well, I know I am thankful for your friendship. Beautiful projects, girl!

StampinCathy said...

WOW Brooke! Everything is just stunning and so inspiring. All the projects are so creative and inspiring. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas.

JPScraps said...

Beautiful projects!

Erika said...

Brooke these are FABULOUS!!!! Your table is AMAZING!! So inspiring. I have to get in gear and get stuff made. I have to make for 2 dinners :) Love your idea. Thanks so much for sharing.

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Absolutely beautiful! Proves you don't have to spend a lot to have a pretty table.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous ROOM!
Every little homemade touch you have added is just beautiful and perfect!

Rona said...

Wow this is FABULOUS!!! great job and I love that you did it all so inexpensively!! PERFECT thank you for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Omg... everything is so gorgeous!

Lisa a

Noelle Reese said...

WOW! I love everything! It is all beautiful! I also really love big 'ole farm houses. May I come for dinner? LOL

Ashley H said...

Looks so pretty! I hope I'm invited! ;)

Jen E. said...

dang, guuuuurrrrrrrl! that is fan-freakin-tastic!!!!!!

Julie said...

How AWESOME is this, Brooke!!! Love it! What a gorgeous Thanksgiving place setting! :)

Jennine Chambers said...

That table is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Table Brooke!! You did a great job using what you had!!

Unknown said...

this is beautiful!

farmhouse-story said...

this is all lovely, brooke

Shemaine Smith said...

So beautiful Brooke!!! Just stunning!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Brooke! I love how you put their names on the wine glass charms!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Lisa said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!

Anne Tussing said...

Oh my GOSH!! So totally perfect! Love the little nametags for the wine glasses! Love the menu with its distressing! The candle decoration and the coasters are fab too!!

Angie Blom said...

OH Brooke this is just stunning. I just love your country style and love that you used items from around the house.. so beautiful.. so my style!! Can I come for Thanksgiving.. your decor ideas are stunning.